- Contact your insurance company and let them know that your roofing contractor has identified storm damage to your property.
Ask them to establish a new property damage claim on your behalf.
- Your insurance company / insurance adjuster will contact you to set up a time to inspect you property (usually within 24-48 hours).
Ask the adjuster to meet with your roofing contractor (Carolina Roofing & Remodeling), at the time of inspection.
⇒ You can have the adjuster contact Carolina Roofing & Remodeling
Once your insurance adjuster has inspected your property and verified storm damage:
- Your insurance adjuster will provide a written estimate, based on the scope of damage, either at the time of inspection or by mail or email shortly thereafter.
- Your insurance provider will forward the initial check for reimbursement of repairs, less your deductible and less any applicable depreciation. Also known as actual cash value or ACV.
Once your insurance provider approves your claim:
- Your representative from Carolina Roofing & Remodeling will meet with you to help you:
⇒ Select shingle color and style, gutters, downspouts and any other applicable choices.
Sign contract / work order for repairs to your home.
Pick initial payment and place sign in front yard if agreed.
Once all repairs have been completed:
- Your representative will need to pick up a signed certificate of completion.
- Carolina Roofing & Remodeling will provide all of the necessary paperwork to your insurance company and provide you a copy, for the release of any recoverable depreciation your insurance provider withheld from you initial claim amount and any supplemental claims (if applicable).
- Once you receive your final payment from your insurance provider, Carolina Roofing & Remodeling will meet with you to ensure your complete satisfaction of work performed and to collect the balance of your contract, including any supplemental payments.